Ways to know if someone likes you
There are many “ways to know if someone likes you”. One of them is through body language. A greater percentage of all communication is nonverbal. What this means is that, to know if someone likes you, you need to watch out for those nonverbal signs!
These include but are not limited to their facial expression, walking, eye contact, body composure, and tone of voice, not the words themselves. Men and women share some forms of body language, but also have specific subconscious signals they’ll give off if they like you. If you want to “know if someone likes you”, here are 9 Ways To Know If Someone Likes You:
1. They Smile At You
Do you think smiling at someone is easy as it is? Try it on someone you don’t like and see. Smile is positive energy and is infectious, so you cannot smile at someone who is negative and who you don’t like.
Smile is expensive, therefore, if someone smiles at you, they like you. Everyone is so busy these days, thus, if someone takes the time to smile at you, you may be of value to them. Smile is a good way to know if someone likes you!
2. Give You Special Treatment
If someone likes you, they will do anything to make you impressed and feel special. They will offer to pay for your drinks if they happen to meet you at the pub. People who like you may hold the door for you to give you that special inner treatment. They can ask you “how may I help you” several times just to make sure that you’re okay all the time. If you’re given that special treatment, it’s a great way to know if someone likes you!
3. You’re Attracted To People Who Like You
One of the ways to know if someone likes you is that you’re attracted to them. You may have a quality, a character, a habit or you have a way of carrying out yourself that makes people like you. That unique character or personality acts like a magnet that draws people to you and even likes you.
If you find yourself in this condition, don’t be scared, but rather find a way of developing it. Sometimes, you do not even notice it that it’s because of those unique characters that’s why you’re attracted to them.
4. They Stare At You
In general, you stare at something you like and turn away from something you do not like. If someone likes you, the person will stare at you for long even without you noticing until you two of your eyes meet. Sometimes it’s embarrassing though but it’s just that they like you. There is something in you that the person is attracted to and so can’t take off eyes from you. Such a person would like to be friends with you.
5. They Want To Be Around You
People who like you tend to be around you often, it’s as simple as that! It makes sense. In reality, you cannot spend time with someone you don’t like. If you think it’s a lie try being around your enemy and see. If someone likes you they hang around you because, by you, they feel secured.
They will spend as much time with you chatting, playing games, discussing life’s issues, and a whole lot. But wait, they respect your boundaries too. If somebody tends to be around you more often, it’s a good way to know if someone likes you.
What others are reading:
- 11 Tips On How To Get Promoted At Work Easily
- 7 Great Tips On How To Survive A Toxic Work Environment
- 7 Tips On How To Make People Like You Easily
- 8 Sure Signs Of A Toxic Work Environment
6. They Help You In Times Of Need
Those that like you offer to help you in times of need! They will not leave you alone to go through all the sufferings. People who like you will eventually become your friends and hence, they exhibit all the good behaviors of a good friend, unlike fake friends. So, if you want to know if someone likes you, record the times that you’re needy or in a critical situation. Those that like you, will help you through, but the pretenders, you will not see them.
7. They Compliment You Genuinely
A genuine compliment is another sure way to know if someone likes you. People who like and care about you compliments you on your achievements. It could be your nice apparel, your looks, a promotion that you’ve gotten, a college degree, or a delicious meal that you prepare. It’s not just the compliment, but they have been part of the success. You can feel it within yourself that, they’re genuinely complimenting you.
8. They Ignore Their Cell Phone In Your Presence
We are always with our cell phones; we’re addicted to it. If a person ignores his or her cell phone in your presence, even though it rings, it’s a good sign to know if someone likes you. This usually happens when you’re in the middle of a conversation, and they would like not to interrupt the conversation. If a person completely turns off his or her cell phone, it’s an addiction that they like and value you more.
If someone likes you, they may put their phone on silent or just ignore incoming calls because you are more important than their phone. It shows you that they know how to put their priorities in order when it comes to the person they like. So, don’t ignore this solid point if you’re learning to know if someone likes you.
9. They Have Trouble Making Mutual Eye Contact
When someone likes you, they have trouble making mutual eye contact. They like to stare at you but not making mutual eye contact. I have often found when I like someone but am trying to “be cool” I can’t seem to make direct eye contact with them, and I’ve noticed this in other people as well.
Other Ways To Know If Someone Likes You [Ways To Know If Someone Likes You Check List]
1. Feeling the pressure of making a good impression
2. They’re asking personal questions
3. Touching your shoulders and ask for hugs.
4. Offering their sweater or coat when feeling cold
5. Making jokes about the people/person you are dating
6. They invite you over more often.
7. Kissing you on the cheek or asking for kisses on the cheek.
8. They laugh at everything you say
9. They are trying to stand next to you
10. They point their feet toward yours
11. Inward Leaning
12. They find an excuse to give you a Light Touch
13. They’re using open body language
Ways To Know If A Girl Likes You
Young women tend to hide their feelings in their body language than men do. Women are equipped well when it comes to body language. Know if a girl likes you through the following signs:
1. They rub their hands together
2. She’ll pull up her sleeves and expose her wrist
3. They touch their face: This can include rubbing their forehead, pushing their cheek, and squeezing their face.
4. They compress their lips
5. They play with their hair: This is a stress-reducing behavior.
6. She will try to close the distance between you in some way
7. She’ll find a way to touch you
Ways To Know If A Boy Likes You
One signal to watch out for is when the guy pushes his shoulders back and directs his breath to his chest. Another strange one is when a guy puts his fingers through his belt loops like a cowboy.
1. He Shows Up Where You Are Even If You Do Not Tell Or Invite Him
2. He Is Nervous Around You
3. He starts Paying Attention to His Dressings
4. He is willing to protect you
5. He calls you or texts you often